Some of our parents have recently asked about our illness policy. You can find this on our website in more detail under the Covid-19 Safety tab, but we will outline it below as well:
Please keep your child home if he/she shows signs of illness, including:
1. If your child has a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit (37.8 degrees Celsius) or higher
2. Has a contagious disease (please inform the school immediately)
3. Displays any of the following symptoms: severe cough, congestion, runny nose, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever or chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, sore throat, a rash of unknown origin, loss of taste or smell, confusion, bluish lips or face, heavy or discolored mucous discharge from the nose, or unexplained eye redness and/or drainage.
4. If your child becomes ill during a school day, you will be contacted to pick him/her up as soon as possible
5. Children must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school
6. If your child has had contact with someone who has been suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or if your child tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away, and we will advise you appropriately.