SHMA's Counselor in Training (CIT) Program is for youth that are ready to start 7th or 8th grade. The program is for those interested in gaining experience working with children and possibly looking forward to camp employment opportunities in the future. The program will teach participants to be a role model and responsible leader. They will learn to lead and motivate campers, learn the importance of communication, gain self-confidence, and gain work experience.
Goals of the Program
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain self confidence
- Get hands on work experience with kids
- Learn to manage conflicts
- Make new friends and have fun
- Learn the basics of safety
- Get interviewing experience
- Provide future employment opportunities
Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.